Google

Thursday 6 November 2008

Interview with Tim Hussey





q) What is your name and what do you do?


a)Tim Hussey

painter/designer/photographer


q)When did you really get into art?


a)I can't imagine it not being my drive for life-- it's always been there.


q)How did you come to the realization that you should try your luck at art on a more serious level?


a)So much of our choices are driven by support of others, by ego, by random roads chosen because it seemed to be the thing to do at the time. never really 'decided' to make it more serious-- it just happened.


q)How did you discover the particular style that you have?


a)Honestly it came out of literally destroying a few pieces I had done because they were so obviously similar to other artists styles.

The effect of the pieces after scratching them out suddenly looked pretty good!


q)How would you describe your style?


a)Style and imagery drawn from the unconscious and from memory. Minimal color, heavy detail mixed with flat areas.


q)Who or what influences your art?


a)Outsider art, art of the mentally ill. Textures found in nature.

Cy Twombly, William Eggleston


q)How often do you create a new piece?


a)Depends. I work hard and fast for a couple of weeks then I may take a break for months.


q)What kind of success have you had with your art?


a)The kind of success that suits me. I like to be an artists artist, to be respected by others in my field. The general public doesn't mean that much to me. Monetarily, a very modest living. Spiritually, a very full life.


q)What would be the ultimate goal for you and your art?


a)To be recognized among my peers worldwide as a mindful and focused artist with with a very unique and personal vision.


q)What do you see as an accomplishment in the way of art?

a)To be happy with your work 10 years later.


q)What kind of message, if any, do you try to convey through your art?


a)I guess the common conveyance in my work would be one of an overlap in all our lives-- a universal unconscious.


q)Sum up your art in one word.


a)Mindful


q)Any additional comments?


a)Let me show in Italy!


q)…your contacts…


a) http://www.husseydesign.com


http://www.husseyart.com


http://www.husseyphotography.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home