Google

Thursday 28 February 2008

Interview with Amy Sarkisian

q)Well, first of all please tell us a little about yourself.

a)I am American. My father is Armenian and my mother is German and Irish. I grew up in Cleveland, Ohio and I now live and work in Los Angeles.
Went to undergrad at Kent State University in Ohio and UCLA for graduate school. I'm 38 years old.


q) Had you always planned on being an artist [or had you other hopes]?

a)I don’t remember having a plan until I decided to pursue art.

q) Do you have a preferred medium to work on? Why?

a)No preferred medium. Usually the idea comes first and I figure out the best medium to be used. Except with drawing then I prefer ink on paper.

q) How would you describe your style?

a)Utilitarian.

q) Do you go through any certain processes while trying to produce your work?

a)Laying around a lot and thinking.

q)What are you working on at present?

a)Laying around.

q) What about recent sources of inspirations?

a)Persian rugs and graphic novels.

q) What are some of your obsessions?

a)I can't think of any lately. My husband says I’m obsessed with doing research about anything and keeping the inside of my car clean.

q) Which galleries have you shown at and which galleries would you like to show at?

a)I have shown at Galerie Rodolphe Jansses in Brussels; Galleri S.E in Oslo; The London Institute Gallery, UK; Milliken Gallery, Stockholm;
Galerie Loevenbruck, Paris; Marella Arte Contemporanea, Milan; The Law Office, Chicago; Small A Projects, Portland, Oregon; Acme, Marc Foxx, Roberts & Tilton, Suzanne Vielmetter, QED Gallery, Cottage Home, the Mak Center and Angela Hanley Gallery in Los Angeles; Dietch Projects, Anton Kern and the New Museum of Contemporary Art in New York. I am represented in Paris by Atelier Cardenas Bellanger and in Los Angeles by Sister.
I would like to show all over the globe.


q) If people would like to contact you, how would you like to be contacted?
a)Through my website is fine.

q) Do you have any suggestions or advice for artists that are just starting out?

a)It’s a hard one.


q) Who are your favorite artists?

a)James Ensor and Tyler Vlahovich.

q)What books are on your nightstand?

a)Mayo Clinic's Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy.

q) To what weaknesses are you most indulgent?

a)Tobacco and television.

q)...Your contacts.

a) http://www.asark.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home