Google

Monday 12 February 2007

Interview with David Michael Bowers

q) Introduce yourself first please?

a)My Name is David Michael Bowers and I’ve been practicing my craft for as long as I can remember.

q) Where do you live and work?

a)I work and live in the suburds of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in the United States.

q) How did you started? How have you realized you wanted to become an artist?

a)I guess I always wanted to be an artist. As a child I noticed that my drawings were better than most of my friends.

q) What's your favorite medium to work in, and why?

a)I do all of my fiinished paintings in oil because of it’s permanence, flexability and richness of color.

q) Do you draw influences from a wide range of artists, musicians, books…?

a)I’m very influcenced by the work of the Old masters, especially the 17th century Dutch painters.



q) What haven’t you done yet that you definitely want to try someday?

a)To do the perfect painting!

q) Are there any contemporary artists that you love?

a)Odd Nerdrum is my favorite contemporary artist. Even though my style is miles apart from his, I love his concepts, execution and the fact that he goes againt the modern.

q) How long does it take for you to finish a piece?

a)It depends on the size of course, but to give you an idea of the time involved on a typical piece, I usually spend as much as ten hours a day on the area the size of the bottom of a coffee cup.



q) What music, if any, do you like to have on while you're working?

a)I subscribe to satelite radio so I listen to a varity of music, from heavy medal to punk.

q) Do you do many art shows?

a)My out- put is very small, so I do very few shows.

q) Favorite clothing setup?

a)Not sure.



q) What are you doing when you are not creating?

a)When I’m not creating I love to read art magagzines, play golf, lift weights and party on the weekends!

q) Do you get emotionally attached to your work and do you miss your work when it is sold?

a)I’m never emotionally attached to a painting because I’m always looking ahead to the next one and try to improve my vision.

q) What new projects or exhibits are in your future?

a)I’m going to be in a group show in Denmark in a few months, and I have several commissions lined up.


q) Describe your work space.

a)My workspace has been described as looking like a hospital operating room. It is very clean, oredrly and well lit. I’m a bit of a neat freak and everything has to be in it’s place before I start painting each day.

q) Your contacts….e-mail…links

a)
www.dmbowers.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home