Google

Wednesday 20 June 2007

Interview with Keery Horvath

q)Let’s start with the basics; what's your full name, where do you live, and how old are you?

a)Kerry Horvath, Sherman Oaks, Age 32

q) Do you have any formal training?

a)I went to Otis College of Art & Design, and took painting classes in NYC at the School of Visual Arts. When I moved backto Los Angeles though, I lost of all the paintings I made there.

q) Did the place you grew up in influence your image making?

a)My parents are artists so I have been drawing and painting forever. I was always encouraged to create and use my imagination.My mother is a children's book illustrator and toy designer and my father is a creative director. It was always easy to feel inspired.

q) How do you come up with your concepts?

a)I draw in my sketchbook or on paper and see what comes out. If I love something than I may single it out and do a large scale painting of it.Most of my current artwork has been endless doodles. I just keep drawing until the paper is covered.


q) Describe your creations in a clear, concise and understandable sentence. What do you call them?

a)ACK! I need to think about this. :)

q)What other mediums would you like to explore in your image making?

a)I would love to experiment more with photography. I love how clean photos look on glossy paper. It would be a nice change from my messy drawings.

q)What is the best time in the day for you to work on a project? Is there one, or is it more about the environment -- maybe the right mood?

a)NIGHT, of course.

q) What are your artistic influences?...and …generally who or what influences you the most?

a)People, nature and life are my influences. Watching everything around me. I think unusual experienceshave the most impact on my artwork.

q) Who are some of your favourite artists/designers/photographers?

a)Ludwig Bemelmans, De Brunhoff, Marcel Dzama, Andy Warhol, Yoshimoto Nara, and too many more....


q) What is your next project?Exhibition?Collaboration?

a)I have an art show with my husband in August. We will be showing paintings and drawings which reflect the toys that we have designed together.
q)What are your plans for the future?
a)To keep making art, toys and creations that keep me busy and laughing.
q)Are there some web sites that You would like to recomend? Artists, art communities, xxx,...!?

a)Not that I can think of. I would love to investigate more.
q)What sort of music do you listen to?
a)I just went to an Arcade Fire show. I love the Strokes, Devotchka, Notwist, Snow Patrol, NIN, and a bunch of old stuff.
q)Do you collect anything?If so what?

a)Books! I cannot seem to have enough books and magazines. They are in piles. I need more shelves, badly.
q)What do you do for fun?

a)Have Ice tea by a pool, art shows, reading, hiking, drawing and being a goof ball.
q)Any advice you can pass onto aspiring artists/designers?

a)Always have fun.

q)Your contacts…

a) http://www.kerryhorvath.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home